About Me

My photo
My work is the fruit of who I am. Does not matter if I like it or not, I am an artist. It comes from an intrinsic need..it is my imagination pulsing to come alive... I create an image and call that the essence of my soul and allege that it is just enough to explain everything else in my whole life. Now at this stage of my existence, I am far away from the time when these things may caused me embarrassment. What? An artist? What do you mean by that? I mean an artist, just an artist It is simple like that.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Artist Portrait




This picture was taken by the fabulous photographer David Spencer (www.davidspencerphoto.com) in his studio in Rockland Ma; we were in the old Codman Building where the Plain St famous group of artists were painting at the time. (www.4thfloorartists.org ) That was the fist time I had to pose and I was quite shy.
I suggested loud music to take my attention away from the machine eyes in front of me, and the fact that David was examining me like that was almost embarrassing. For me this cute image is showing that I was trying to hid myself the whole time, or that I was clouded with my gender worries about appearances, or that I am really that naïve and mysterious woman that his lenses discovered .
It is intriguing the effect that this photography has on people. The Brazilians applaud it, the Americans doesn’t know what to say, and a men from India urged me to take the photo from the web right way. One of my student’s mothers rebuked her for looking at naked people when she was checking my website; a couple of people saw sadness and what my husband said I cannot write in here. Some times I look at the figure trying to find a reason to ostracize it, but them I see the naïve again and I let it go. My honesty is knocking at the door again to lead me to the main point of the discussion: ….then I don’t want to think about it and I just stick with the reflection of innocence David so well portrayed .

No comments:

Post a Comment