.This post is about me fooling around the thought of courage.
I got emotional every time a child gives me a drawing. And I feel exactly like a kid when I show my art work to anybody. I discovered very early that I had courage to make art,
I noticed that I had to have courage so many times to create art, it is not ease to expose your heart constantly like that...
...and I had some pieces like "The Trojan Horse" , it was left to the ostracism for long time.
The truth of the matter is that an artist reveals his/her soul in every picture.You have to prepare yourself for the consequences of being revealed, then you have to look at people in their eyes because they will see you, they will see your edge.
Be an artist is like this: You paint, and then you prepare to fight.
In spite of everything I shall rise again: I will take up my pencil, which I have forsaken in my great discouragement, and I will go on with my drawing.
All artist are naive
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
Vincent Van Gogh
All art requires courage. (Anne Tucker)
Courage is a kind of salvation. (Plato)
Courage is the mental and moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courage
Courage, also known as bravery, will, intrepidity, and loyalty, is the ability to confront fear, pain, risk/danger, uncertainty, or intimidation. "Physical courage" is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, Death, or threat of death, while "moral courage" is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, or discouragement.
- courage is "grace under pressure". Ernest Hemingway
- Leap, and the net will appear. (John Burroughs)
- A man full of courage is also full of faith. (Cicero)
- I love the courage and freedom that comes with being a crazy old lady... no holds, no barriers, no fear. (Kay Cox)
- You learn courage by couraging. (Mary Daly)
- If you're looking for something to be brave about, consider fine arts. (Robert Frost)
- Dare to be naive. (Buckminster Fuller)
- What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? (Vincent van Gogh)
- Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. (Anais Nin)
- All art requires courage. (Anne Tucker)
- Dare to be irrational! - keep free from formulas, open to any fresh impulse, fluid. (Edward Weston)
- A man shows reckless courage in entering into the abyss of himself. (William Butler Yeats)