About Me

My photo
My work is the fruit of who I am. Does not matter if I like it or not, I am an artist. It comes from an intrinsic need..it is my imagination pulsing to come alive... I create an image and call that the essence of my soul and allege that it is just enough to explain everything else in my whole life. Now at this stage of my existence, I am far away from the time when these things may caused me embarrassment. What? An artist? What do you mean by that? I mean an artist, just an artist It is simple like that.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Wondering About Courage



.This post is about me fooling around the thought of courage.



I got emotional every time a child gives me a drawing. And I feel exactly like a kid when I show my art work to anybody. I discovered very early that I had courage to make art,


I noticed that I had to have courage so many times to create art, it is not ease to expose your heart constantly like that...


...and I had some pieces like "The Trojan Horse" , it was left to the ostracism for long time.

http://bit.ly/7GGoGf


The truth of the matter is that an artist reveals his/her soul in every picture.You have to prepare yourself for the consequences of being revealed, then you have to look at people in their eyes because they will see you, they will see your edge.


Be an artist is like this: You paint, and then you prepare to fight.


In spite of everything I shall rise again: I will take up my pencil, which I have forsaken in my great discouragement, and I will go on with my drawing.

Vincent Van Gogh

All artist are naive

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
Vincent Van Gogh



All art requires courage. (
Anne Tucker)


COURAGE, COURAGE,.......

...........................................


Courage is a kind of salvation. (Plato)


Courage is the mental and moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courage

Courage, also known as bravery, will, intrepidity, and loyalty, is the ability to confront fear, pain, risk/danger, uncertainty, or intimidation. "Physical courage" is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, Death, or threat of death, while "moral courage" is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, or discouragement.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2007/08/what-is-courage.php

http://su.pr/1dQrv


  • courage is "grace under pressure". Ernest Hemingway
  • A man full of courage is also full of faith. (Cicero)
  • I love the courage and freedom that comes with being a crazy old lady... no holds, no barriers, no fear. (Kay Cox)
  • You learn courage by couraging. (Mary Daly)
  • If you're looking for something to be brave about, consider fine arts. (Robert Frost)
  • What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? (Vincent van Gogh)
  • Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. (Anais Nin)
  • Dare to be irrational! - keep free from formulas, open to any fresh impulse, fluid. (Edward Weston)

2 comments:

  1. "Be an artist is like this: You paint, and then you prepare to fight."

    Are these your own words. I want to quote you at my blog, but I'm wondering the attribution, here. Wonderful post, Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. Yes, the phase: Be an artist is like this: You paint, and then you prepare to fight, is really mine. I feel like this, you fight with every part of your being to paint and then you fight with everybody else when it is done. So quote it my friend, I bet you feel the same.

    ReplyDelete